IBM Omnifind Text search for DB2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBM Omnifind Text search for DB2

Any body used Omnifind text search for DB2 for iseries ? The tool works great for Fuzzy search however it needs an index to be created against the base table which you are querying and attaches multiple triggers to the base table. Unfortunately i ended up with performances issues with the loads that populates my base table and looking for help if there is a way we can have the triggers run asynchronously (not simultaneously with the load job ) ?

Disclaimer - I know nothing about Omnifind

Here is a theory. What if you have a second copy of the table, so you have Table A and Table B.
    Table A is your primary table for reading/updating. It does not have Omnifind.
    Table A has a custom trigger you would write, that detects any update (Add/Insert/Delete) and does a SBMJOB to call a program to copy that update to Table B.
    I think this could also be done using the journals, and there are tools that can use journals to mirror table data updates (usually for mirroring everything to a contingency server).
    Table B then has the Omnifind trigger, and is your primary table for searching.
    The SBMJOB in Table A's trigger would go to a low priority Job Queue, to ensure the Omnifind updates do not cause too much load on the box?

Comment

Working...
    X