ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to execute SQL scripts in source file with SQLRPGLE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to execute SQL scripts in source file with SQLRPGLE?

I have a set of SQL scripts stored in QSQLSRC. As far as I know I can execute those scripts using RUNSQSTM. But I need to monitor the count as well. So I would like to copy it and execute it from my RPG program like embedded sql and monitor the count. Is there a way I can do this? Or is it possible to get the count from RUNSQSTM? Any help would be appreciated.

RUNSQLSTM outputs results to a spool file. I've done this in the past by using CPYSPLF to copy the resulting spool file to a table, and then parsing it in SQLRPGLE.

Comment

Vectorspace I have INSERT query in the script and with RUNSQLSTM I execute it. If I use CPYSPLF command and bring the SQL string into RPGLE, and execute again, it will cause duplication right?

Comment

After executing the insert could you do a

exec sql GET DIAGNOSTICS :nbrRec = ROW_COUNT;

to retrieve the number of records inserted?

Comment

Peder Udesen the insert query is not embedded in RPG, but it is a script saved in source physical file as a member.

Comment

@nishar I expected that the SQL statement was read from the file the prepared and executed in RPG

Comment

See my reply in your other thread. I meant for you to extract the results of the SQL from the spool file, not the statement itself.

Comment

Working...
              X