This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Order By with Case

Can you put together a tiny little example of how to use a parameter file?

I would love to see it in action!

Happy Friday have a great weekend
    Jamie
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

I'll get back to you on that - just give me a while please.
      Regards

Kit
      http://www.ecofitonline.com
      DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

me also waiting for example Kit...

Happy Weekend

Pramendra Pandeya
        Young people knows how to run fast but old people knows the way..

Comment

*Tap* *Tap* *Tap* *Tap* *Tap* *Tap*

Sheesh ... what's taking so long?!?

Comment

hahaha .... I was actually thinking about a month
            for a few reasons (here's my excuse(s) and I'm sticking to them )

1. I'm trying to swap the primary language on the new v610 box... @#%@#%@#%@#% I don't understand anything on it ... I think it's all in the language of as400pro's g/f.
            2. I'm bogged down trying to get the next release of XrefIT and ChangefIT (some nice new features in both coming) and the first release of DeskfIT done.
            3. Being pulling 15 -20 hrs/day getting the last release out so I'm trying to take it easy for a week or two and get the design and planning done.
            4. I'm starting to pack to leave the country for a while ... gotta test my brand new German passport out. I became a naturalized citizen last month as there's the vote next month (now there a contradiction in terms - me natural )
            Regards

Kit

Comment

Ok.. so I took a little time out to do some testing.

1. Try as I might, I cannot get it to find a record using static sql, i.e. just adding - " ORDER BY :dSrtflds " at the end of the declare. SQLCOD = 100 always. (I am sure Biggie can come up with some of her magic.) I tried it for about 3 hours and no go. I must admit 'cos it's not that important to me as I don't ever
              use this sort selection technique. I use the field ranking method as described in the article.

2. Dynamic SQL is just boring - that took 5 mins to change the declare, define a field or two, do a prepare and Bob's-your-uncle.

IMO, if you have no obstacle against using a dynamic SQL statement, this almost makes the "Order by case when..." redundant. The reason for stating this is that I believe in soft-coding where possible. With this technique, one can add/change as many different order by's in many programs without having to change the source code.

Here's some screenshots.

If you want to see some code... hurry and ask 'cos I will deleting it soon.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by kitvb1; August 29, 2009, 12:22 PM.
              Regards

Kit

Comment

1. Try as I might, I cannot get it to find a record using static sql, i.e. just adding - " ORDER BY :dSrtflds " at the end of the declare. SQLCOD = 100 always. (I am sure Biggie can come up with some of her magic.) I
                No I don't, because it is not possible in this way with static SQL. Static SQL cannot handle host variables with the field name within the order by clause.

Birgitta

Comment

Stupid SQL
                  Regards

Kit

Comment

Why is it stupid, can you do anything comparable with native I/O?

Birgitta

Comment

Thinking about it more, leaving away the FORPGM field makes it even more useable, i.e. same SRTFLDS can be used for any program, e.g. enquiry & report pgms.

Chatting to Birgitta yesterday, she came up with a very good way to access this (only one read for all programs), but I'll leave her to explain it (if she wants) as it's her idea.
                      Last edited by kitvb1; August 31, 2009, 04:55 AM.
                      Regards

Kit

Comment

I have created subfile example through dynamic cursor...

Subfile sort through SQL..

Used order by clause...

Jamii I would like to have you comment to make programe better..

Pramendra Pandeya
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by pramendra; September 16, 2009, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Jamii I would like to have you comment to make programe better..
                          Even though I'm not Jamie ...
                          if you are already using SQL, remove the subroutine $DAY and calculate the day name as follows (assuming you are working with an English system and want the day names in English):

PHP Code:
                          Exec SQL   Set :#Day = DayName(Current_Date)
                          End-Exec 
                          Birgitta

Comment

Thanks!!!

Your comments are always invaluable..

Pramendra Pandeya

Comment

Came across this yesterday and is what I was referring to in the article about maintainability and "case when". IMO this is heavy on maintenance. Try adding in another field or two.
                              Exec SQL
                              Insert into VOGIO/WUVT0547
                              Select
                              case when :IndKumVb = '1' or :IndKumKd = '1' then 0 else vsman end,
                              case when :IndKumVb = '1' or :IndKumKd = '1' then vsvbnr else 0 end,
                              case when :IndKumVb = '1' or :IndKumKd = '1' then a.ana1 else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumVb = '1' or :IndKumKd = '1' then a.ana2 else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumVb = '1' or :IndKumKd = '1' then a.acoi else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumVb = '1' or :IndKumKd = '1' then a.apla else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumVb = '1' or :IndKumKd = '1' then a.aort else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumVb = '1' or :IndKumKd = '1' then a.astr else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then vskdnr else 0 end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then kdslst else 0 end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then b.ana1 else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then b.ana2 else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' or :IndKumLd = '1' then b.acoi else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then b.apla else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then b.aort else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then b.astr else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then vskdgr else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then c.tabbez else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then kdslbr else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then d.tabbez else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then kdslpt else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' or :IndKumVt = '1' then vsvtr else 0 end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' or :IndKumVt = '1' then e.tabbez else ' '
                              end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then kdsbdw else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then kdfu1 else 0 end,
                              // Teilenr, Bez, Status, Eigen-/Fremdfertigung, Prod.EAN, Karton.EAN, Zolltarif-Nr.
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then vstnr else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then imdsc else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then imsts else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then imcode else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then imrsv9 else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then imrsv0 else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then mi1swn else ' ' end,
                              // Preisgr, MarkenGruppe
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' or :IndKumPr = '1' then vspgrg else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' or :IndKumPr = '1' then f.prbez else ' '
                              end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then vsmagr else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then g.tabbez else ' ' end,
                              // MarkenHptGr, MarkeInd, Warengruppe
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then mi1v22 else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then h.tabbez else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then vsmark else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then i.tabbez else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' or :IndKumWG = '1' then vsmrze else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' or :IndKumWG = '1' then j.tabbez else ' '
                              end,
                              // ProdHptGr, ProdGr
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then vsprhg else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then p.tabbez else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' or :IndKumPG = '1' then vsprgr else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' or :IndKumPG = '1' then k.tabbez else ' '
                              end,
                              sum(vvimg3), sum(vvimg2), sum(vvimg1), sum(vvimg0),
                              sum(vviwg3), sum(vviwg2), sum(vviwg1), sum(vviwg0)
                              From VOGIO/wuStatistik Left Outer Join DCWD/AADRNU a
                              on vsvbnr = a.anum
                              Left Outer Join DCWD/AADRNU b
                              on vskdnr = b.anum
                              Left Outer Join VOGIO/KUNDST00
                              on vskdnr = kdnr
                              Left Outer Join VOGIO/V#TAK100 c
                              on vskdgr = c.tabinn
                              Left Outer Join VOGIO/V#TABR00 d
                              on kdslbr = d.tabinn
                              Left Outer Join VOGIO/V#TAVT00 e
                              on vsvtr = e.tabinn
                              Left Outer Join SIM400MFG/FKITMSTR
                              on vstnr = impn
                              Left Outer Join DCWD/MITEM
                              on vstnr = mi1mnr
                              Left Outer Join VOGIO/V#TAP999 f
                              on kdslpt = f.sort and vspgrg = f.preisg
                              Left Outer Join VOGIO/V#TAMG00 g
                              on vsmagr = g.tabind
                              Left Outer Join VOGIO/V#TAMH00 h
                              on mi1v22 = h.tabind
                              Left Outer Join VOGIO/V#TAMA00 i
                              on vsmark = i.tabind
                              Left Outer Join VOGIO/V#TAWG00 j
                              on vsmrze = j.tabinz
                              Left Outer Join VOGIO/V#TAPH00 p
                              on vsprhg = p.tabind
                              Left Outer Join VOGIO/V#TAPG00 k
                              on vsprgr = k.tabind
                              Left Outer Join VOGIO/V#TAPU00 l
                              on vsprug = l.tabind
                              Left Outer Join VOGIO/V#TAGB00 m
                              on vsgebi = m.tabind
                              Left Outer Join VOGIO/V#TATH00 n
                              on vsgeba = n.tabind
                              Left Outer Join VOGIO/V#TALI00 o
                              on mi1v19 = o.tabinz
                              Where
                              Case When :ikdgr <> 0 Then :ikdgr Else vskdgr end = vskdgr
                              And Case When :ikdbr <> 0 Then :ikdbr Else kdslbr end = kdslbr
                              And Case When :ikdland <> ' ' Then :ikdland Else vsbla end = vsbla
                              And vsvtr >= Case When :ivtrvon <> 0 Then :ivtrvon Else vsvtr end
                              And vsvtr <= Case When :ivtrbis <> 0 Then :ivtrbis Else vsvtr end
                              And Case When :iverb <> 0 Then vsvbnr else 9999999 end
                              in(Select stverb from WUVT0547VB)
                              And Case When :ikdnr <> 0 Then :ikdnr Else vskdnr end = vskdnr
                              And Case When :imagr <> ' ' Then :imagr Else vsmagr end
                              = vsmagr
                              And Case When :imhptgr <> ' ' Then :imhptgr Else
                              coalesce(mi1v22, ' ') end = coalesce(mi1v22, ' ')
                              And Case When :imarkind <> ' ' Then :imarkind Else vsmark end
                              = vsmark
                              And Case When :iwg <> ' ' Then :iwg Else vsmrze end = vsmrze
                              And Case When :iprodhgr <> ' ' Then :iprodhgr Else vsprhg end
                              = vsprhg
                              And Case When :iprodgr <> ' ' Then :iprodgr Else vsprgr end
                              = vsprgr
                              And Case When :iprodugr <> ' ' Then :iprodugr Else vsprug end
                              = vsprug
                              And Case When :igebgr <> ' ' Then :igebgr Else vsgebi end = vsgebi
                              And Case When :igebart <> ' ' Then :igebart Else vsgeba end
                              = vsgeba
                              And Case When :iuland <> ' ' Then :iuland Else
                              coalesce(mi1v19, ' ') end = coalesce(mi1v19, ' ')
                              And Case When :ipreisgr <> ' ' Then :ipreisgr Else vspgrg end
                              = vspgrg
                              And Case When :itnr <> ' ' Then :itnr Else vstnr end = vstnr
                              And Case When :istatus <> ' ' Then :istatus Else imsts end
                              = imsts
                              Group by
                              case when :IndKumVb = '1' or :IndKumKd = '1' then 0 else vsman end,
                              case when :IndKumVb = '1' or :IndKumKd = '1' then vsvbnr else 0 end,
                              case when :IndKumVb = '1' or :IndKumKd = '1' then a.ana1 else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumVb = '1' or :IndKumKd = '1' then a.ana2 else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumVb = '1' or :IndKumKd = '1' then a.acoi else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumVb = '1' or :IndKumKd = '1' then a.apla else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumVb = '1' or :IndKumKd = '1' then a.aort else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumVb = '1' or :IndKumKd = '1' then a.astr else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then vskdnr else 0 end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then kdslst else 0 end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then b.ana1 else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then b.ana2 else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' or :IndKumLd = '1' then b.acoi else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then b.apla else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then b.aort else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then b.astr else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then vskdgr else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then c.tabbez else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then kdslbr else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then d.tabbez else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then kdslpt else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' or :IndKumVt = '1' then vsvtr else 0 end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' or :IndKumVt = '1' then e.tabbez else ' '
                              end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then kdsbdw else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumKd = '1' then kdfu1 else 0 end,
                              // Teilenr, Bez, Status, Eigen-/Fremdfertigung, Prod.EAN, Karton.EAN, Zolltarif-Nr.
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then vstnr else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then imdsc else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then imsts else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then imcode else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then imrsv9 else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then imrsv0 else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then mi1swn else ' ' end,
                              // Preisgr, MarkenGruppe
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' or :IndKumPr = '1' then vspgrg else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' or :IndKumPr = '1' then f.prbez else ' '
                              end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then vsmagr else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then g.tabbez else ' ' end,
                              // MarkenHptGr, MarkeInd, Warengruppe
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then mi1v22 else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then h.tabbez else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then vsmark else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then i.tabbez else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' or :IndKumWG = '1' then vsmrze else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' or :IndKumWG = '1' then j.tabbez else ' '
                              end,
                              // ProdHptGr, ProdGr
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then vsprhg else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' then p.tabbez else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' or :IndKumPG = '1' then vsprgr else ' ' end,
                              case when :IndKumTn = '1' or :IndKumPG = '1' then k.tabbez else ' '
                              end;
                              Last edited by kitvb1; September 24, 2009, 12:53 AM.
                              Regards

Kit

Comment

HI EVERYONE, well i am new to this forum but i am using this to get the solution for my query and really you guys are just amazing...Thank You for all your help and support...and wishing u all a very Happy and a color full Holi...LOVE ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X