ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Immediate need for experienced CGIDEV2 resource in southwest Chicago.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immediate need for experienced CGIDEV2 resource in southwest Chicago.

Hi All,

I have an immediate need for a strong CGIDEV2 programmer with a background in distribution and logistics. Experience in older BPCS financials helpful, but not mandatory.

I am acting as the project lead. My client is located in the southwest suburbs of Chicago and has an excellent market niche, good working conditions, great people and will provide the PC (Pentium 4) you will use. This is a sub-contracting opportunity (1099). All work will be performed on site. Contract will be for a 6 months minimum with potential of a year or more.
    The Job is full time, standard 40 hour work week with no travel. Operating system is V5R4.

Project entails writing a new distribution/logistics system using CGIDEV2. New system will interface with legacy BPCS financials (version 3.x..GJW). We are currently in the first phase of this multi phase project.

Technical skill set should include:
    RPGLE - must be proficient, WDSC not mandatory, /FREE not mandatory
    SQL - must have some knowledge
    HTML 4.0 - must be proficient
    JavaScript - must have some knowledge
    Cascading Style Sheets - must have some knowledge

Business experience skill set should include:
    Distribution/Logistics - Must be proficient
    Legacy BPCS financials (century compliant version 3.x..GJW) Some knowledge a plus.

My preference will be for a candidate that wishes a long term sub contracting relationship.

Principles only please. Interested parties, please email me at rdunn@dunn-riteservices.com. Any information forwarded to me will not be dissimulated to other parties without prior approval of the sender.

Kind regards,

Robert Dunn
    President
    Dunn-Rite Services, Inc.

Re: Immediate need for experienced CGIDEV2 resource in southwest Chicago.

ITP this has your name written all over it!

I will let u stay at my house if youllhelp me wash the car
    Last edited by itp; March 19, 2007, 10:44 AM.
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

OK, but I get the UPPER bunk in the kids room this time and first dibs on the shower before your wife makes it all steamy.

Sounds like an ambitious project, but I'm pretty busy here. He did not mention if you actually have to *work* in southwest suburbs of Chicago. And isn't that the baddest part of town (if I remember my Jim Croce correctly).

Robert - you may also want to try posting on the free Iseries News and Common bulletin boards.

Comment

Hi All,

Unfortunately, the client desires that the resource work on site. Am trying to sell the idea of a full time telecommute, but no luck to date.

Thanks to all for your interest and advise.

Bob.

Comment

Working...
        X