Service entry points for other users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service entry points for other users

I am trying to debug a CL program that is a user's initial call program. When I add a service entry point to the program and then sign on as myself and call the program from the 5250 cmd line, the program does into debug as it should pausing at the first statement. If I sign on as another user beside myself, it ignores the SEP's. I end up having to click on the debug remote systems tempfiles and set up a debug configuration specifying the qualified job name, then it works fine.

Shouldn't the rdi debugger recognize SEP's regardless of the user so long as the program being called has an SEP set up

Yes, RDi SEPs work fine for other users. You have to specify the username in the SEP, and IIRC your user profile requires some special authority(ies).

Comment

Thanks what is IIRC?

Comment

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly.

Comment

In the SEP installation window, you must specify the user who will run the program. In this case, a user who will debug with *USE rights must be authorized in the *USRPRF of this user.
          The figure indicates that if the LIBPGM/PGM program is started by the user USR_2, it will stop for debugging.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X