CRIMA1161E during installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRIMA1161E during installation

Installing IBM software on a laptop is an adventure. You never know what you'll come across.

I'm trying to install RDi on a Windows 10 laptop and have run into a problem I've never had before. I think that it occurs when it's trying to install Installation Manager, before it tries to install RDi. But I could be wrong.

Anyway, I'm getting error CRIMA1161E: Failed to find required installation files.

I've tried installing three ways: from the file share that has the installation files, from a copy of the file share onto the laptop's hard drive, and from IBM's website using the web install. Same error in every case.

Can anybody tell me what's going on and what to do about it? Please, please, please. I don't want to edit source code with SEU.

Thanks in advance.

Ted

Are you running the install as Admin?

Cheers,

Emmanuel

Comment

That could very well be the problem, Emmanuel. I'll check into it. Thanks.

Comment

In case anybody wonders . . .

My account did not have admin privileges. That was a first for me.

My account was given admin privileges. RDi still would not install. Same error message.

Another guy signed on under a different admin account and installation was successful.

On to the next challenge!

Comment

Working...
        X