Debugging across partitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debugging across partitions

We have a partitions on our iSeries box, DEV, TEST and PROD. All the source code resides on the DEV box. There is none on the PROD box. programs get moved from DEV to PROD with a change management tool. Up until now, programmers do not have access to the PROD box (except for emergencies and then the password expires at the end of the day). That's about to change because I am going to have to become available (at least in the short term) to debug a new application we are putting on the PROD box. The source code will remain on the DEV box, though.

My question is, in Rdi, isn't it possible to debug a program on one partition using the source code on another partition using SEP's .

Consider compiling with DBGVIEW(*ALL) or at least DBGVIEW(*LIST) so that it's not necessary to have the source code for debugging.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Klement View Post
      Consider compiling with DBGVIEW(*ALL) or at least DBGVIEW(*LIST) so that it's not necessary to have the source code for debugging.
      I'll have to see if our change management software will allow us to change the default (or specify DBGVIEW). It's a poor man's attempt to copy Turnover, Aldon, etc. In the event I can't specify DBGVIEW is debugging an object in PROD using the source in DEV possible in Rdi?

Thanks

Comment

If your change management software don't specify the debug view parameter in for example
        CRTBNDRPG DBGVIEW(*LIST)
        then you could change the command default for DBGVIEW using CHGCMDDFT

Comment

Working...
        X