Debugging using Debug Configurations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debugging using Debug Configurations

I have bee accustomed to using Service Entry Points when debugging in Rdi. One of the things I like is being able to to step into programs that are called from the program the SEP is set up for. There are, however, occasions where Debug Configurations are more suitable. I haven't been able to figure out how to step into another program that is called from the original program.

Example, PROC900 calls UPD_TAGF. I want to have break joints in both programs but the step into function does not seem to actually step into the called program UPD_TAGF when the call is executed in PROC900. In the programs to be debugged box, it does not let you select multiple programs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PROC900.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	155578
    Attached Files

"I haven't been able to figure out how to step into another program that is called from the original program."
    Assuming you're already in debug, that's F5 or the corresponding toolbar button.

Comment

When you are already debugging a program, you have controls:
      F8 to run until next breakpoint
      F5 to step into the next line (if this line is a procedure/program call, that means continue debugging inside that program/procedure and stop on the first line)
      F6 to step over the next line(if this line is a procedure/program call, that means run that program/procedure to completion and stop on the line after the call).

You are debugging program X, which calls program Y, and you want to step into program Y:

Debug X
      In X, set a breakpoint on the line that calls program Y
      Hit F8 to run the program until it hits the breakpoint
      Hit F5 to step into Y. You will noe be on line 1 of program Y

Comment

Working...
      X