Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command

Hi,

How to run commands from RDi without connecting to HOST emulator ?

Thanks..

There are multiple ways to run non-5250 commands (sometimes I have to qualify the command with the library, not sure why).
    1. Remote Systems view ->Right-click Objects->Run Command
    2. Object Table view has a Command pane at the bottom.

Comment

but will it allow all the normal as/400 commands like WRKOBJ,WRKACTJOB,RUNQRY,STRSQL etc. which we normally run in AS/400 ?

Also I tried just for example one command 'WRKACTJOB' it ended up in error like 'No interactive job associated with this connection. Associate an interactive job with this connection to continue.

it advised some resolution steps as well like 1. Open the 5250 emulator,
      2.Run the CL command STRRSESVR NAME() PORT()
      3..This will associate the interactive job with this connection,causing this dialog to close and your interactive command or program to run.

So it appears each time i execute dissferent AS/400 command each time i need to follow above 2 steps?

Also I even tried to execute this command (by mentioning NAME and PORT ) STRRSESVR NAME() PORT()

still it ended up in error saying 'Error connecting to Remote Systems Explorer'

Cause:- The STRRSRSVR command could not create a TCP/IP connection to the Remote Systems Explorer (RSE) at remote location on port .
      possible causes: The RSE communications daemon has not been started on the client. The remote location is not a correct TCP/IP hostname or address .
      The RSE communications daemon i listening on a different port number. Start the communication daemon and verify that the remote location name and port are valid.

Comment

No. If you want to run 5250 commands, you have to use 5250.

Comment

That means RDi is of no use to run these AS/400 commands freely right?

Comment

Could someone please clarify how could we run AS/400 commands freely within RDi?

Thanks...

Comment

Hi, John.

RDi doesn't have a screen (a 5250 session).

If a command writes to a screen (e.g. DSPLIBL and other such DSPxxx commands, many WRKxxx commands, STRPDM, etc.), then you can't run them thru RDi.

If the command does not use a screen (e.g. DSPLIBL OUTPUT(*PRINT), STRxxx, ENDxxx, etc.), you can run it from within RDi.

Comment

Working...
              X