Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDi

Hi,

If there is OS upgrade happens in AS/400 then do we face login issues in RDi ( with errors like ' connecting to host ..... failed.') ? and with same session ip and port ,workstation id configuration details we are well able to login to IBM i Access Client Solutions using 5250 Emulator and also through Personal Communications.

Thanks

I've started with WDSc5 on v5r4, and I've never had any issues. Just make sure all PTF's and updates are loaded.

Comment

Is there anyway to verify these details in the system?

Thanks

Comment

For RDi updates, use Installation Manager.

For IBMi PTFs, in RDi Remote Systems view right-click Objects -> Verify Connection....
        This will check the current server for requisite PTFs.

Comment

Where to find this Installation manager in RDi for updates?

it's showing connection to central service,command service ,data queue service,file service,record access service,signon service successful also showing successful for PTFs and Callback to RSE daemon successful but then what could be the reason I am unable to login to RDi and with same credentials and configuration settings able to login to IBM i Access Client Solutions using 5250 Emulator and also through Personal Communications.

Thanks...

Comment

Any updates by experts here please?

Thanks...

Comment

I can't help with the PTF side of things, but with RDI the Installation Manager can be accessed by using the Help dropdown and at the bottom is "IBM Installation Manager".

Now, if your installation has the java error of "Cannot run program" (like mine unfortunately does), then navigate to the destination listed in the error using Windows Explorer. Mine was "C:\Program Files\IBM\Installation Manager\eclipse\IBMII.exe". You would just need to double click on the IBMII.exe and click the "update icon". Login to your IBM ID, follow the prompts and Bob's your uncle.

Comment

Working...
              X