NOT symbol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOT symbol

Does anyone know how to produce the NOT symbol ¬ using the keyboard in Rdi. When coding CLLE programs, I prefer ¬= over *NE. I've accidentally keyed ¬ before in Rdi but not sure which key combination I pressed. I figured out that using SEU 5250 keyboard, [ will produce ¬, not so in Rdi

Does ALT 170 work for you? It looks right ¬ but I can't say if it's truly the correct character.

Comment

Originally posted by jtaylor___ View Post
      Does ALT 170 work for you? It looks right ¬ but I can't say if it's truly the correct character.
      Yes that works and is the character ¬

Thanks

Comment

I wouldn't recommend using the "¬" character. IMHO it makes code more difficult to read if you don't
        know what it means. An old front swine like me would know but new programmers wouldn't.

It remind me of coding APL. This is one of the most extreme languages I have ever experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by Peder Udesen View Post
          I wouldn't recommend using the "¬" character. IMHO it makes code more difficult to read if you don't
          know what it means.
          Think of it as job security. They can never get of you if your the only programmer that knows what it means

Comment

It's easier with a UK-layout keyboard: Shift + the key below Esc and left of 1 (on a US keyboard that would be the tilde key ~ )

Comment

You can customise the RDi keyboard and assign the not character to a key if you desire.
              LPEX Editor -> User Key Actions. You can assign the "insertNot" action to whatever key you like.

Comment

Working...
              X