Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too-new BIFs break outline view

I'm on RDi 9.6.0.10, and i7.3
    I'm using the %SPLIT BIF for the first time, and RDi 9.6.0.10 doesn't understand it. Trouble is that breaks outline view entirely. Is there a way to add custom BIFs to RDi for this situation?
    Or anything that will let outlive view work wothout having to remove %split?

Current version of RDI is 9.6.0.11. Update your client and see if your still having issues.

Comment

I can't.
      I work for a financial company, we can't install software updates ourselves, and requesting an update to be packaged and deployed for us is a very long process. We only just got .10, it will be a long while until we can get .11

Comment

I am on 11 and it recognizes it so your going to need to update the software. I just updated mine form 10 to 11 2 days ago and it took about 5-10 minutes. So it isn't a long process. I am not authorized to install software on my machine but I was still able to upgrade through IBM Installation Manager. You could try that and see what happens. If not you have to go back to your company and have them update your machine. The other thing to look out for is if your IBM i is on the latest Technology release, or has the PTF's installed to recognize those BIF's. Having the latest RDI version won't mean anything if you still cant compile. My company is on TR Release 11.

RPG enhancement delivered through PTFs in the spring of 2021. New built-ins %LOWER, %UPPER, and %SPLIT

Comment

It's not a long process if you have sufficient access to your PC to install an update. We do not. We were stuck on 6 until just last month when they finally got desktop support to package and deploy 10. If I raised a request to get 11 packaged and deployed it would be months until it was, assuming they don't simply say "no, we only just did an update for you" which is highly likely.

That's why I was hoping there was a way to manually add the new BIF as a workaround. If there isn't then fair enough.

Comment

I gave you a reply to your request here
            If an RDi update sis manually dowenloaded from the internet and stored on a network drive, can IBM Installation Manager be instructed to pick the update up from there as opposed to downloading it from the internet? I work for a financial company and as a result we have extremely strict rules regarding installing software on

If you don't have access to your PC including Installation Manager then you have to wait.

If you can execute Installation Manager and are allowed to access a network drive then it should be possible to update
            if they will download and verify the update.

I fully understand why they are so carefull.

Comment

I did see, thanks. That question was for a different purpose that would hopefully result in us being able to use IBM Installation Manager some time in the future.

I know that installing the update would work, and if I could get it installed any time soon I would. But I can't yet, so in this thread I was only asking if there was a workaround, a way to customise the rpg parser that is in RDi

Comment

What if it is a security update?
                Could this speed updating up?

There is an update for a vulenerability I have announced earlier and mentioned in the other request.

Comment

Working...
                X