ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GoAnywhere - FTP Clients (Linoma Software)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoAnywhere - FTP Clients (Linoma Software)

I've had this installed at my site since before I came to work. I've been able to get into the process and watch what it can and can't do. At this time, I'm pretty impressed with it's capabilities and the way it's growing to accommodate numerous business needs...especially taking into consideration the product isn't a "Canned" package.

First, it's platform independent. It was built originally to be hosted on an iSeries. But, the JAVA version allows you to use iSeries, Unix, Windows, etc as a Communication Server. The nice part is, you can interface to it from any platform within your business... all via URL interface.

Each job stream script can be tailored to your business requirements. Receive files, trigger files, monitor folders, zip, encrypt, FTP, sFTP, AS2, http(s)... it really encompasses and wide plethora of uses. It reads/writes to/from iSeries tables and any other SQL based access. Reads Exel Spreadsheets ... transforms data from/to csv, exel, xml, database, etc. Pretty powerful data integrations.

If you happen to be looking for a Communication Solution for External to Internal, Internal to External or Internal to Internal Document transfer. This is well worth taking a look at.

They have a reverse Gateway product that also allows External Connections through a DMZ server without opening Firewall Rules from the External Server. No documents are stored on the External Server! Pretty neat...

If you're interested in some feedback ... or, if you have this and want some pretty slick routines let me know.

Re: GoAnywhere - FTP Clients (Linoma Software)

no thanks I'm a firm believer in re-inventing wheels...next week I'm working on this HUGE DOS .bat file for creating pretty menus
    I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

I need to ftp files with PGP encryption, so yes, I am interested.. jwaymire (at) gartman (dot) com
      Last edited by kitvb1; June 1, 2012, 03:59 PM. Reason: edited email address to avoid spam bots from harvesting it
      Jim Waymire

Comment

Hey Jim ... this would do what you need it to do. Message me and I'll give you some info and a guy to talk to about it.

Comment

-Rick
          Are you still using this software on the iseries and has it gotton better since this original post? We are looking at replace our current FTP Software.
          Last edited by Tom Wheeler; October 9, 2015, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X