Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tool

Hi,

Need to do code deployment using tunover tool . How to distribute the form which is created in development system to production system.
    What the parameter i need to double check before distribute?
    i am getting the error 530 You must first log on with subcommands USER and PASS while distributing form.

Plz advise
    The Secret Of Achieving Your Goals Is Revealed Before Your Eyes.
    System Engineer

Sudha...

Re: tool

Form distribution is achieved via FTP last I checked. So your TURNOVER should actually have the necessary login/ftp information to send the objects from one system to another. I am not sure of the exact location where you need to set these (as I have never setup TURNOVER but only used it) but its what you need to look for.

Comment

Typically if you are the developer in turnover then you will not be the one promoting it. We had a sys admin who did this, the rest of us did not have authority.
      Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

That's not always the case though. I worked in a shop where we used to do all the form submission/distribution after the same was approved by the manager. However I don't know where to configure the distribution option and cannot determine it at the moment as we are not using TURNOVER in the current system (using Implementer).

Comment

What happens if you try options to promote?

If I had no (useful) documentation available and I couldn't (for some reason) contact a vendor support group, I'd probably create a small inconsequential object and take likely options against it. There would probably be help panels for some guidance as well as error messages. As I worked through those, any hints from results could light the way. Maybe.

However, TurnOver support was good in years past when I used it. Biggest problem for me was getting access to get started.
          Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Thanks all for the support! , I am able to distribute and it runs for automatically.

Now i am just thinking , if after code movement from development to prod, then if the code fails for some reason how to do the backout using this tool

Any idea for this issue? thanks for the support!
            The Secret Of Achieving Your Goals Is Revealed Before Your Eyes.
            System Engineer

Sudha...

Comment

I forgot the actual option number (think it was 18 or something) but I believe there is an option to take against an existing form which will backout the changes. You would ideally do this on the development box and the distribution process takes care of it in production as well.

Comment

Working...
              X