Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMAIL - Files left behind in /mmail/work

I am using MMAIL on our V6R1 system.

I have noticed that when using the EMLSPL command to send a spool file, the text of the mail message is placed into a file in /mmail/work but it is never deleted. This has caused quite a large number of files to collect. Is there a way I can prevent these files from being kept after the mail is sent or is there a utility I should be using to periodically remove them. I could roll my own, but wanted to see if there is something simple that I have missed before I do.

Thanks,
    David L.

Re: MMAIL - Files left behind in /mmail/work

I use this and we have no files in mmail/work. id go to Giovono's site and ask him. ( i probably killed his name.)
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

My guess is that QTCP doesn't have authority to delete the file.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Klement
        As far as I can tell, this is a duplicate of the following thread:

Probably best to reply to that thread so we don't have to try to keep track of what has been said in two different places.
        I tried to navigate to that thread, but it seems to no longer exist. I get a "No thread specified" error.

Comment

Yeah, not sure what happened... I suggested everyone reply to the other thread, and then everyone replied here, and eventually someone deleted the other thread. I guess everyone liked this one better? at any rate, I'll remove my earlier message to make this less confusing, since the other thread was deleted, this will obviously be the place to have the discussion ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by DeadManWalks View Post
            I use this and we have no files in mmail/work. id go to Giovono's site and ask him. ( i probably killed his name.)
            I took your advice and e-mailed Giovanni Perotti directly. He responded very quickly and indicated that this was a problem that has been fixed. He suggested loading the latest version as our install is from several years ago.

Comment

David,
              that was fixed months ago.
              Just download the latest MMAIL version.

Giovanni

Comment

Working...
              X