This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel to Iseries Macro

Hey, brand new here. Not going to lie, came here out of necessity with my hat in my hand!

I'm working on a project that is incredibly time intensive and repetitive and boy would it be helpful to have a macro to do this!!

Quick over view and maybe someone could help me out!

I have exported data from iseries into excel, sorted it, and re imported it into the iseries (as/400).

I now need to take information from the excel spreadsheet and key it into the list I imported back to the as/400. Essentially, I'd need it to go like so:

Access the emulator
    22, ENTER, 56, ENTER, (FIND LIST 'NAME'), X, ENTER, F17, TAB, TAB, TAB, TAB, (access information from Cell-X and key it), TAB, (access information from cell Y and key it), ENTER, F12, ENTER, (REPEAT ALL ABOVE BUT USE CELL X+1 and Y+1)

I am beyond n00b but learn quickly. Anyone care to point me toward a good resource or if you were willing to start me off with something i'm sure we can work $omething out...

replied to the wrong post as you made two, lets move this to http://www.code400.com/forum/forum/t...to-excel-macro ...
    Greg Craill: "Life's hard - Get a helmet !!"

Comment

Working...
    X