Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EHLLAPI in Excel 64-bit

Hello all,

The company I work for is going through a technology modernization push, and recently upgraded to IBM IAccess Client Solutions which broke our VBA based Excel macros. Fortunately i was able to convert the macros to use the EHLLAPI interface to work with both the new and old clients to keep our operation running (with the added side effect of being faster and more stable than using the old COM Objects!).

However, now IT is moving to Office 365, and wants to install the 64-bit version on all computers. Unfortunately the EHLLAPI Bridge simply does not work on 64-bit Excel, due to being a 32-bit DLL. So I was wondering if anyone has found a way to get this to work in 64-bit Excel. Googling has turned up very few leads. Thank you very much.

There is a RFE open with IBM to provide this support so I would suggest getting as many people to vote for it as you can:

Comment

Thank you. I will pass this RFE to our IT team and see what they can do. I would think that IBM would make this a priority as user-side automation of iSeries systems is a huge advantage that it has over many competitors.

Comment

Hello,

The company that I work for has moved to the new IBM iAccess Client Solutions and, as ipherrox, we are having trouble running macros. We have tryied some indications found on the web to install and run them thru EHLLAPI Bridge, but we aren't getting any luck.

Could anyone sugest/help us with some tips regarding the installing and migrating the VBscript macros to HAscript?

Thank you!

Comment

Hello All

I found this stream here and I am having the exact same problem today.

Could anyone suggest/help us with some tips regarding the installing and migrating the VBscript macros to HAscript, if necessary to interact with the AS400 and Excel? I get the error, below, when trying to connect to the AS400 session via iSeries Access for Windows ver. 6.0 (Emulator Ver. 1.1.8.2...32-bit). Windows 10 Pro is 64-Bit, and Excel 2013 is 32-Bit Any help or sample VBA code would be much appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	iAccessError.png
Views:	942
Size:	236.9 KB
ID:	156898

Comment

Working...
          X