Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPL2PDF (new version)

And more: Programs for AS/400 absolutely Free

AS/400, AG Software Application, Utility, Programmi, RPG, Applicazioni, IBM, Andrea Garbini, Garbini Andrea, AS400, Software, Application, as400, andrea garbini, garbini andrea, utility, ibm, andrea, garbini, ANDREA, GARBINI, AG, SOFTWARE, APPLICATION, Ag, Software, Application, ag, software, application, as/400, FTP, Games, poker, battaglia navale, TCP/IP, FTP, file, FILE, File, ftp, tcp/ip, transfer, invio, ricezione, spool, PDF, pdf, SPOOL, spoolfile, conversione, iseries, star trek, spl2pdf

All the utilities are made and writen by Andrea Garbini

SPL2PDF
    Surfing the web I've run across this site UZAEMON's Homepage
    where I've found two very interesting utilities.

These two utilities were occasionally not working as I expected,
    and I managed to solve the problem creating a single command (§SPL2PDF),
    simply correcting some mistakes in the program and using some program items supplied from the site,
    so I want to clarify that I did not completely come up with this stuff.

What I've done was meant to make sure that nobody in the web could have the chance to steal
    and earn money from somebody else's work (as sometimes happens).

Thanks for the support and the advices you gave me till now.

Re: SPL2PDF (new version)

Just in case the all other websites are seized by the goverment and code400 is the last place to download TOOLS
    Attached Files
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Hello Marc_d,

I tried to use the objects I downloaded from your website and uploaded in our AS400 test machine.
      I tried to use the command @SPL2PDF but I encounter message "Service program TIFFLIB not found."

@SPL2PDF FILE(CLBR402P) PDF(STOCK_WARNING_LIST) TOSTMF('\CMVPDF\') WSCST(QSYS/QWPTIFFG4) JOB(129188/CD04217/STOCKWARN) SPLNBR(*LAST)

I checked if I restored the service program TIFFLIB and it is there.
      Work with Service Programs

Type options, press Enter.
      1=Create 2=Change 4=Delete 5=Display

Service
      Opt Program Library Text

TIFFLIB UTILITY

I'm just wondering if I need another set of objects or ptf for this command to work... Sorry for troubling you.
      btw, I'm using v6r1.
      Last edited by cliffyboy18; May 22, 2013, 04:20 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Is the library where the service program resides in your library list? I know at V7R1 and I think available of V6R1 via PTF you can do a CPYSPLF to a pdf so you might be able to use that instead. Prompt CPYSPLF and see if parm WSCST has the *PDF option.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott M View Post
          Is the library where the service program resides in your library list? I know at V7R1 and I think available of V6R1 via PTF you can do a CPYSPLF to a pdf so you might be able to use that instead. Prompt CPYSPLF and see if parm WSCST has the *PDF option.
          Hello Scott M,

Yes, the library where I put the service program is in my library list. I tried to view CPYSPLF but I don't see any parameter to input *PDF.
          Also, that command sends the spool file into a database file. My intention of using SPL2PDF is to send spool file to IFS as PDF file so I can send it via email.

Thanks for your advice though.

---update---
          I checked the service program of TIFF2PDF program and found that it's service program TIFFLIB is referring to SPLTOPDF library. So I aside from creating UTILITY library I also created SPLTOPDF library to put the TIFFLIB service program there. Now it works!

To the one who created this program, thank you. Also thank you Marc_d and Jamief for sharing this information.
          Last edited by cliffyboy18; May 22, 2013, 09:53 PM. Reason: I found the problem

Comment

Working...
          X