i need your help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need your help...

i received an email from a colleague stating "Your web site is flagged by WOT (Web of Trust) add on to FireFox (a service I ordinarily trust) as having a poor reputation. Upon a bit of investigation it turns out that one person on the web rated you as poor, thus the rating . I have put in a rating to off set that one but you might want to get your friends etc to also opine on WOT ( http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/tommyholden.com ) to counter act the rating." apparently i ticked off someone and since apparently some people actually use this plug-in the rating is killing traffic. i try to contribute to the community and benefit others but if this kind of crap continues i may just rip the site down...
    I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Re: i need your help...

did it.... while you guys are out there might as well rate code400.....

Happy Friday
    Jamie
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Originally posted by jamief View Post
      did it.... while you guys are out there might as well rate code400.....

Happy Friday
      Jamie
      thanks...and i did rate code400. along with a few other sites like Scott Klement's webpage, etc. it really sucks that people give to the community then get crapped on for their efforts. i wasn't even aware that plug-in existed until i got that email...maybe because i'm not plug-in happy like some folks seems to bog down FF due to the increase in memory footprint.

Comment

Originally posted by tomholden
        ... apparently i ticked off someone ...
        Naaaaa... that couldn't happen!! Could it?!?

Comment

Maybe its casparov getting his own back?

As plugins go Firebug is almost essential as a web developer. It certainly makes the job a lot easier. XMarks is also pretty good if you have to sign in to different PC's. I use it make sure I get the same bookmarks when I'm onsite.
          Ben

Comment

i use Zend Studio toolbar plug-in, fast dial, and at home i also use download status bar. but at work too many plugins can bog this lil' laptop down

Comment

Done

GLS
              The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

That site is nothing but a sophisticated affiliate/link farm. I mean seriously... the SimilarSites is bullSH**. Those sites weren't similar to yours and it had google ads listed as the first two. I didn't even see a rating on there and couldn't tell you what your reputation was. The site is a joke and I wouldn't worry about it. How much has your traffic dropped? I'm guessing that chances are those visitors weren't ones that actually mattered anyway. There's a huge difference between a quality visitor and someone who stumbles onto your site.
                Your future President
                Bryce

---------------------------------------------
                http://www.bravobryce.com

Comment

Working...
                X