Sending save files by e-mail from one IBM i to another IBM i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending save files by e-mail from one IBM i to another IBM i

Usually when you want to send a save file from one IBM i to another IBM i, you use one of the following procedures:
    - use FTP (but you must have access to a user profile on the receiving system)
    - sending the save file though PC e-mail (The sender must transfer the save file from the IBM i to the PC and possibly zip it. The receiver must unzip the save file on his PC, then transfer it to the IBM i).

As you may know, MMAIL is an IBM i utility able to send and to receive e-mail messages.
    Besides, MMAIL features ZIP and UNZIP commands.
    Therefore, by installing MMAIL on the sending and on the receiving IBM i boxes, you may
    - on one box, zip the save file and send an e-mail message attaching the zipped save file
    - on the other box, receive the e-mail message. Nice to know that MMAIL will automatically unzip the save file while receiving it.
    There is no limit to the size of the attached save file (provided that the overall size of the e-mail message is accepted by the involved Internet Service Providers)

MMAIL is an open-source utility available from site www.easy400.net .
    It does not necessarily require a recent OS/400 release, it may run also on an aged release as V5R3.

MMail is authored by Giovanni B. Perotti, find his e-mail address on the home page of site www.easy400.net .
Working...
X