Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service now with iSeries

Hi All,

Is it possible to integrate service now with iSeries? If anyone has steps please do share.

Thanks.
    Regards,
    Vinothkumar S.

I assume "Service Now" is a 3rd party service? What kind of interface do they provide? What OS are you running on your iSeries [sic] server?

Comment

yes. It's a third party Web based tool. It used to create Incidents, Knowledge management and Change management etc... We are running V7R3.
      Regards,
      Vinothkumar S.

Comment

It has a Web API that you can use.

Comment

Hi Scott,

Could you please share more details.
          Regards,
          Vinothkumar S.

Comment

I've used REST web services in the past.

Comment

I have never done from IBM i but research their web api, it is documented. It is REST, here is link to documentation https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/n.../api-rest.html

Comment

Are you trying to use Service Now to automate the tickets from system messages? We do that using email - the ISeries (or the Halcyon scheduler) sends an email to a specific email address that the Service Now admin has set up. He uses key words in the subject and/or body of the email to create an incident ticket and assign it to the right group or people. It's not perfect, but it works.

Comment

Hi Melissa,

I am trying to see is there a way to resolve a ticket. For example in service now, if users putting a ticket to update a price of an item instead of any manual intervention is there a way to trigger a process which can correct the issue.
                  Regards,
                  Vinothkumar S.

Comment

Working...
                  X