Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BarCode400 with Zebra ZE500

Hi,

We've been using TL Ashford BarCode400 (now at ver 4.0) for more than 10 years to print our labels. Target printers are mostly Zebra and Datamax.
    Everything's been running smooth, and we are really happy with the solution.

We introduced lately a new Zebra printer, namely the ZE500. We've been performing tests, and found out the ZE500 will reset after a while. We then have to generate/print a new label on the AS400 via BarCode400. The ZE500 will resume, and eventually reset (memory flush).

I was wondering if someone among you have been working with BarCode400 to print labels on a Zebra ZE500? If so, have you experienced similar issues?

I know I'm targeting a specific crowd with a very specific and narrow topic. Just sending a message in a bottle... never know!

Our AS400 is running under V7R3M0.

Thanks guys!

At a previous job, I worked extensively with TL Ashford both with Datamax and Zebra. But, this was years ago, and I have not worked with ZE500. The symptoms, to me, sound like a hardware problem... but, I have no way of knowing for sure.

Have you talked to the people at TL Ashford? They are usually very knowledgeable.

Comment

Hi Scott,

We did get in touch with TL Ashford Support group. We did change some settings in the 'driver' definition based on Zebra's people comments. No success there.

I'm thinking along the same line as you regarding the hardware issue. We tried with 2 other ZE500 with the same results, which makes it difficult to blame one defective print engine.

I know the ZE500 runs with ZPL II language, while the other ones run with ZPL I. Both Zebra and TL Ashford people are saying there should be no issue though.

Thanks!

Comment

Zebra's website says the ZE500 front panel can be used to select ZPL or ZPL II. Have you tried using ZPL?

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the ZE-500 being compatible with ZPL-I. We've been able to fix most of our issues... just few ones left.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X