Dump Error Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dump Error Message

Sometimes when I get an error message like RNQ1221, rather than a statement number I can find in the RPG source, I get a long number like 25000083. This is not a source statement number. What is it?
    Everyday's a school day, what grade are you in?

If you compile with OPTION(*SRCSTMT) (on the command or in the source), the last 6 digits of the statement number are the sequence number of the source, and the first two digits are the "file number". The main source file is file zero. Each /COPY gets a new file number. Each time the compiler generates I or O specs for an externally-described file, it assigns a new file number, and the "sequence" numbers are assigned sequentially, with 1 being the record-format line. So my guess is that 25000083 is probably generated I or O specs, and field number 82 got an error.

If you look in the listing, you will probably see 000083 on the left-side of the statement. But on the right side, you would see headings for "Src Id" and "Seq Number". "25" would be in the Src Id column and "000083" would be in the Seq Number column. But they are arranged so the string "25000083" would appear in the listing, so you should be able to search for "25000083" to find the statement that caused the error.

If you don't have the listing, but you can debug the program, try setting a breakpoint on statement 25000083, and see where the debugger sets the breakpoint.

Comment

Excellent.
      Thank you Barbara.
      Everyday's a school day, what grade are you in?

Comment

If I need a listing and don't have one, I compile the program into QTEMP.

Comment

Working...
        X