ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTP error 426-Records written to file have been truncated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP error 426-Records written to file have been truncated.

Hi,

What could be the cause if this FTP error :-"FTP error 426-Records written to file have been truncated. Data in file may not be valid. "

Even though after above error could not find the transfeered file in a specific library/source file.

How to resolve it please?

Thanks.

Are you on the IBMi, doing an FTP GET to read a remote file into a local file?
    Or are you on another system doing an FTP PUT to push a local file into a remote IBMi file?

"Even though after above error could not find the transfeered file in a specific library/source file." - Do you know what file you were expecting the data to arrive into? Did you specify a target library/file/member to receive the data on the FTP command, or are you relying on whatever the default is?

It's been a while wince I dealt with FTP file transfer, but I think if you are FTPing a text file into a *FILE object (library/file) then the longest line of text must not be longer than the record length of the *FILE object, else the lines will be truncated. Otherwise, you should FTP to an IFS file instead

Comment

Hi,

1) yes trying to FTP a text file from local desktop to a specific lib./sourcephysical file (trying PUT command)
      2) i did specify a target lib/file name still it happened.
      3) longest line of text must not be longer than the record length of the *FILE object , how to verify it?
      4) how to FTP a text file to IFS path?
      5) for normal FTP command for a text file from a specific local computer drive to a specific lib./file any example to do FTP using PUT (with success) please?

Thanks

Comment

#2 - exactly what did you specify for the target file?
        #3 - does the file already exist? If so, you can do a DSPFD command on the file and see the record length. Does the member in the file already exist?

#4 & #5 - https://www.google.com/search?q=ibmi...p+to+flat+file

Comment

Working...
        X