Tax time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax time

I have an existing print file that prints 1099. This year it will not be on the perforated forms. I have changed the print file to a page length of 22 and overflow of 22, but then it prints landscape. Another words I want 3 pages on one sheet. Please help.

Re: Tax time

If I understand what you are trying to do:

Change the prrnter (CHGPRTF) and set the PAGRTT (page rotation) to 90 or 270.

You will also have to change the page length and overflow. You cant overflow at line 22, because skipping to the next page will cause printing to start on a new page. (Which will only give you 1 1099 per page, not 3 ) So change the overflow to the overflow length of an entire page. (You should never hit overflow in this print program anyway. ) After printing one 1099, you have to jump to the starting line of 1099 #2, and finally the starting line of 1099 #3.
    Michael Catalani
    IS Director, eCommerce & Web Development
    Acceptance Insurance Corporation
    www.AcceptanceInsurance.com
    www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelCatalani View Post
      You will also have to change the page length and overflow. You cant overflow at line 22, because skipping to the next page will cause printing to start on a new page. (Which will only give you 1 1099 per page, not 3 ) So change the overflow to the overflow length of an entire page. (You should never hit overflow in this print program anyway. ) After printing one 1099, you have to jump to the starting line of 1099 #2, and finally the starting line of 1099 #3.
      Perhaps something like this would work:

Code:
      /FREE

Except PrintForm;
      formCount++;

If (formCount = 3);
            Except NewPageHdr;
            formCount = 1;
      EndIf;
      Last edited by Chipper; January 25, 2011, 11:35 AM.
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/chippermiller

Comment

What your wanting me to do is change the print file to have three seperate forms on it, but the start line is different on each?
        It was working properly until we tried doing a single page with 3 per The program and print file are in place already, and had worked on continuous forms. I thought manipulating the lines would do the trick. We're saying that won't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by sara View Post
          What your wanting me to do is change the print file to have three seperate forms on it, but the start line is different on each?
          It was working properly until we tried doing a single page with 3 per The program and print file are in place already, and had worked on continuous forms. I thought manipulating the lines would do the trick. We're saying that won't do it.
          Yes, back when you were on the perforated forms, each page could be 22 lines long. Because of this, the printer would reposition to the next top of form correctly.

Now, it sounds like you are printing individual pages (such as 8.5" x 11" ) in a 3-up fashion. Its important to note that when you do that, each page is now the length of the entire page which include 3 1099 forms, not just one 1099 form. Each 1099 form is essentially 1/3rd of a page. You cant use the skip to go to the middle of a page on the same page. Its going to go to the next page, and then reposition from there.

So, the difference is that your forms have gone from 22 lines per page to 3 - 22 line forms per page.
          Last edited by MichaelCatalani; January 25, 2011, 01:43 PM.
          Michael Catalani
          www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

So, the parameter on the print file that asks how many per page, now would be 3?

Comment

Hopefully that works. Thank you all very much.

Comment

Originally posted by sara View Post
                Hopefully that works. Thank you all very much.
                Yes, the multi-up parameter. I havent used it but it should work.
                Michael Catalani
                www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

Doesn't work. I just changed the prtf. Do I need to re compile the whole thing, starting with the command?
                  Actually I can't. It won't let me use TEXT for the reduce parameter.

Comment

You shouldnt have to use the reduce parameter. I think the reduce parameter is only used if you take multiple full sized pages and want to print them on a single page, thereby needing a reduction.

Although the Multi-Up may work in theory, there could be spacing issues that are hard to overcome, since you are printing on a pre-printed form. It would probably be a lot easier to just specify each of the three forms starting line number, and skip to the next page after each third form is printed.
                    Last edited by MichaelCatalani; January 25, 2011, 07:49 PM.
                    Michael Catalani
                    www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chipper View Post
                      Perhaps something like this would work:

Code:
                      /FREE

Except PrintForm;
                      formCount++;

If (formCount = 3);
                            Except NewPageHdr;
                            formCount = 1;
                      EndIf;
                      Whoa -- wrong syntax. That should be

formCount += 1;
                      -- or --
                      formCount = formCount + 1;

Must be that Java class I just got finished with.
                      http://www.linkedin.com/in/chippermiller

Comment

Working...
                      X