Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Host Print Transform & Spool File Name

Hi All --

I've got a question I'm hoping somebody will have an answer or share a site I am unfamiliar with.

Here's what we have:
    We've got two Xerox multi function printers - a 7655 and a 4112.

Here's what we want to do:
    For each printer we want a non-secure printer and a secure printer. The non-secure printer should print any spool file sent to it automatically without anyone having to go to the printer to release it to print, and the secure printer should hold the print file on the printer until a user selects their print jobs, enters their password and releases the spool file to print. For the secure printer - each spool file that goes to the printer as a secure print job should retain its spool file name.

Here's what's working:
    The non-secure printer works fine. No issues with it.

The secure printer sends the spool file to the printer for the users and stays put until the user enters their password, and selects the print file to release it.

What's not working:
    Every spool file the user sends to the secure printer is missing its spool file name. That's the only issue.

I'm thinking there has to be a PJL or Host print transform command that we are missing. I found the PJL command: SET JOBNAME .... but that would mean EVERY spool file would have the same name and we don't want that. If my spool file name on the iSeries says BLUESHEETS then that is what I want it to say on the printer.

I know it can be done .... we currently do IPDS printing on these same printers, secure and non-secure and the secure printing has the spool file name. I just haven't figured out how its getting the spool file name passed.

And if you're wondering why we are moving away from the IPDS printing.... speed. We have a lot of overlays and the IPDS servers don't seem to be able to handle the volume and gives us headaches. Lots of headaches.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Roxann
Working...
X