Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change font CPI for impact printer

Greetings,

I'm working on a project to print checks from a iSeries into a generic impact printer (Epson FX-890), i make a printer file to generate a spool with the data to be printed and everything was ok until somebody asked me to change the size of the font to a bigger one.

At first i think to change the CPI parameter in the printer file but it didn't work.

Can you lend me a hand with the problem?
    At least some papers where i can research about printing into a device without AFP support.

I just tested with the configuration (you can see it in the img), but was negative too.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	config_epson.png
Views:	1
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	127879
    Attached Files

Re: Change font CPI for impact printer

Did you write that you are trying to change the font size on an impact printer?

Can you tell me why you are not using a laser printer?
    You will find that banks require micr fonts and usually require special magnetic ink.
    This is not available to you on an impact printer.

jamie
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Yes, of course, we are evaluating the change to a laser printer, but we have a lot of continuous forms for printing checks we want to use and then make the switch to laser printing.
      My doubt is why the printer does not accept the data stream from the iSeries when I change the value of CPI in my print file.
      Is there a way to set the device either by creating a device or client access emulation to accept the data stream sent without using printer-resident fonts?

Comment

Hi mmolero:

I got this:

Selected FAQ
        Q: What are the most commonly used escape codes for the EPSON ESC/P mode?
        A: Some commonly used escape codes are listed (in decimal values) in the table below.

Function Code
        Reset (27, 64)
        Set page length in lines (27, 67, n - where n is a number from 1 to 127)
        Carriage return (13)
        Line feed (10)
        Form feed (12)
        Select 1/8-inch line spacing (27, 77)
        Select bold font (27, 69)
        Cancel bold font 27, 70
        Select italic font (27, 52)
        Cancel italic font (27, 53)
        Turn underline on/off (27, 45, n - where n equals 49=ON or 48=OFF)
        Select condensed print (15)
        Cancel condensed print (18)
        If you need to use advanced escape codes for programming purposes, you can purchase an ESC/P Reference Manual from the EPSON Store.
        from here:

By the way...Changing the CPI does not change the size of the characters printed...it only places them closer together or farther apart.

Best of Luck
        GLS
        The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
        X