Print image shifting to the right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print image shifting to the right

Sorry if this should be in the newbie thread - wasn't sure where to post. I am not experienced with AS400 - I install network printer copiers on customers networks. I have recently installed two new machines on a network which also connects to a AS400 in another country. They configured the AS400 to print to the new copiers but there is a problem which is that reports (e.g.credit note) is printing but shifted about 30mm to the right. I am hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction. I have attached a print configuration and example of the problem.

Any advice gratefully received.

Ian
    Attached Files

Re: Print image shifting to the right

well calling the printer a 3812 is only good if it is a 3812 printer(ibm). I would contact toshitba and see what the printer can emulate, then go with that. Or...its gonna be a real pain. 2 options then, 1 have a "printer session" connected to the printer, or you are going to have to tweek what printer types work best for the printer.
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Hi Dead Man.

Unfortunatly, Toshiba in the UK are not much help but they are telling me to use 3812. I don't think they know what is causing the problem which is why I decided to ask on this forum. Can you see anything else in the config that might be causing this problem?

Since posting, they have just suggested a couple of changes which include SYSDRVPGM to IBMSNMPDRV and MFRTYPMDL to HP4 or 5SI or 4000 or 8550, are either of these likely to be the answer?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Grommett

Use this link to go out to IBM and find the information you need for your printer -- it's what I had to do for our Xerox multi function printers. You may have to create a work station customizable object and those instructions can be found on the internet.

Comment

I agree with gal, after all I used to suffer the Buffalo winters with her.
          Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Working...
          X