Splf to .pdf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splf to .pdf

I created some overlays from the INFOPRINT 300 dpi print driver using Iseries Navigator. They print beautifully on the Iseries. We have some software on the Iseries that will create .pdf files from Iseries spool files created as device type *AFPDS and store them in the IFS. The problem is the images don't show up in the .pds file although the data in the spool file comes over perfectly. I tried to use Infoprint 600 to no avail. We have some older overlays that were not created using Iseries Navigator that convert the images over to .pdf just fine.

Is there another way to convert spool files created as *AFPDS to .pdf files or am I using the wrong print driver or could the problem be Iseries Navigator.

Btw, we are on V6R1

Re: Splf to .pdf

On V7R1 I use OVRPRTF to convert the spool files to .pdf adn the overlays show up fine in the .pdf. The software you are using to create the .pdf files may be the culprint.

Comment

You can do this on V6.1 as well. You will need to download a PTF for it. (It should apply immediately.) Cant remember the ptf number off the top of my head.
      Michael Catalani
      IS Director, eCommerce & Web Development
      Acceptance Insurance Corporation
      www.AcceptanceInsurance.com
      www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

Hi gregwga50:

if you are stuck at a lower version of the OS check out this link:

Best of luck
        GLS
        The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Hi Gregwga50,

I am working on Infoprint designer but not able to proceed because when i am uploading the overlay, i am getting an error that "overlay exceeeds the boundary". I tried to adjust the image but its not happening.

and can you please tell me if i am following the correct staeps to upload overlay to iSeries.

1) Get the template (tiff image)
          2) Get the image (same tiff image)
          3) Uplaod it to iSeries

your help will be valuable for me.

Comment

I have never tried using a .tiff image for an overlay. I have always designed mine on MS Word, Powerpoint, Visio, etc. and printed them to the Infoprint print driver.

Comment

Working...
            X