how many pages printed on my i5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many pages printed on my i5

I am searching for an API to count the number of page printed by job for all jobs on the system. I try by the audit but it make no difference between printing and created. I just want to have really printing pages ?

Does someone help me? Thanks.

Re: how many pages printed on my i5

Please define "printed pages". The system can send many pages to a printer's memory, but that doesn't mean they'll ever be printed. The system won't necessarily know what happened after sending. That would also be true of remote *OUTQs.

You might want to know how many printable pages are generated, or you might want to know how many pages have been routed to printers for printing. But you'd probably need printers that can be queried for their statistics if you really wanted to know "printed pages".

If you have enabled job accounting for printing, you can requests the details that are known to the system through the system's job accounting journal.

See the Printer file accounting topic in the Information Center for a basic description. The surrounding topics provide details.

Tom
    Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

There is a piece of code called PageXofY that does this. It might be here. The problem is that it does not work on 6.1 or higher.
      Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

You may search for JOB Accounting. Amoung other information it is possible to retrieve the printed pages:
        Job Accounting

Birgitta

Comment

Working...
        X