Konica Minolta Biz Hub c454e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Konica Minolta Biz Hub c454e

Does anyone know the escape code (HEX) for drawer 3 for this printer? I called Konica and was politely told they are not allowed to give out that information. I responded in kind.. TIA

Re: Konica Minolta Biz Hub c454e

is it supposed to be DRAWER 3 or something else.

I'd use an online converter, but you have to know the format first.
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Assuming you're working with PCL, the escape code should be:
      Code:
      x'1B266C<something>48'
      The problem is that "something". it varies widely from printer to printer. Manufacturers deal with this descrepancy by issuing different print drivers for different printers (usually for Windows.) It can be tricky to get this information from the manufacturer, because none of their tech support people ever need to work directly with the PCL codes. They just use the Windows printer driver. This is why you get responses like "we are not allowed to give out this information", it's because the tech support people just don't understand the situation.

There's absolutely no reason why they shouldn't give this out... it' s not like a security issue or trade secret. All you'd have to do is use their Windows driver to print to a file and you could read the resulting file and see what the PCL codes are. It's not like it's a secret or something! Every printer manufacturer does the same thing. It's just that the tech support people don't understand, so they treat it as if it's a trade secret.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try sending a word document to it and seeing if I can see the drawer 3 hex. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X