Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoolfile to Excel

Hi all,

I know there are several software products that claim to convert spoolfiles to Excel. I'm interested in your feedback/experience/pros and cons with these products which will help me pick the best one for my environment.

So, what do you have and are you happy with it?

Thanks!

Re: Spoolfile to Excel

I just use the QShell catsplf utility. It's been as easy, quick and reliable to do what I need as any alternative I've ever seen, and it works on every system I use. But it depends on what specific features you need that might be beyond what I need. When combined with other QShell utilities (e.g., sed) to filter lines or to do other manipulations, quite a few customizations can be applied to most spooled files.
    Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Re: Spoolfile to Excel

I wrote a scripting language. It's probably not nearly as powerful as the commercial products, but it didn't cost any money (just a lot of time) and I had fun doing it.

http://www.itjungle.com/fhg/fhg121212-story02.html

Comment

Working...
      X