Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search a software to link AS/400 SPOOL file

hi
    I'm searching a software to link AS/400 Spool file .
    I need the software can design the format of spool file and prefer the software can link some tables of JDE via ODBC.

Re: search a software to link AS/400 SPOOL file

Originally posted by ctheart View Post
    hi
    I'm searching a software to link AS/400 Spool file .
    Good old iSeries Navigator will give you all that.

Originally posted by ctheart View Post
    ...I need the software can design the format of spool file and prefer the software can link some tables of JDE via ODBC.
    So, you want to open a spool file and then generate another query/spreadsheet cross referencing the report data against the JDE Database?

Time to get on Amazon and grab a copy of "The IBM i Programmer's Guide to PHP"
    predictably positive, permanently punctilious, purposely proactive, potentially priceless, primarily professional : projex

Comment

yes, I want to open the spool file and generate another query cross referencing the report data against the JDE database.

Comment

I'm not aware of any software product that will do this, but its easy enough to program yourself on the System i:

1 - CPYSPLF to convert the SPLF to a Physical file
        2 - link that file data programmatically (or using SQL) to cross reference JDE.

Good Luck!
        predictably positive, permanently punctilious, purposely proactive, potentially priceless, primarily professional : projex

Comment

Working...
        X