Phantom / Orphan Job Won't Go Away - Duplicate CPF0906

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom / Orphan Job Won't Go Away - Duplicate CPF0906

We have a job that's ended, with no spool files, but getting an error when a program runs that there's a duplicate job in the system.

If I run WRKJOB JOB(676040/OPERATOR/QPRTJOB) I see the job, but it should be "gone" since it completed yesterday, and all spool files are gone too.
    I try ENDJOB and it says "Job has completed"

Job is not active. No files open.

I can't see any way to clear it up. .....................Any ideas ??

I should get a message Job 676040/OPERATOR/QPRTJOB not found.
    Last edited by MFisher; March 30, 2022, 02:24 PM.

Try ENDJOBABN (End Job Abnormal)

Comment

Depending on how your job logs are setup on your system the job may have a status of 'Job Log Pending', can you look at the job with WRKUSRJOB OPERATOR to see what its status is? To completely get rid of a job like that when ending do ENDJOB JOB() LOGLMT(0).

Comment

The job has already ended. but it "exists" as if it had spool files attached to it. We deleted the 1 spool file yesterday, so I am surprised the job still shows as existing (not active)

Comment

My first thought was as Scott mentioned.
          If you issue the WRKJOB JOB(676040/OPERATOR/QPRTJOB) command and use option 10, do you see the joblog? Yes, I know the job has finished but if it's in JOBLOG PENDING state, option 10 will show still the joblog. Also, you can issue the WRKJOBLOG JOBLOGSTT(*PENDING) command to view all pending joblogs.

Comment

Originally posted by john.sev99 View Post
            My first thought was as Scott mentioned.
            If you issue the WRKJOB JOB(676040/OPERATOR/QPRTJOB) command and use option 10, do you see the joblog? Yes, I know the job has finished but if it's in JOBLOG PENDING state, option 10 will show still the joblog. Also, you can issue the WRKJOBLOG JOBLOGSTT(*PENDING) command to view all pending joblogs.
            Thanks.

Option 10 shows this:

"...Job log not displayed or listed because job has ended...."

WRKJOBLOG JOBLOGSTT(*PENDING)
            Shows other jobs, but not 676040

Comment

Is it a prestart job?
              Sometimes they live their own lives.

Comment

I don't think it's a prestart job.

Comment

QPRTJOB jobs are handled a little differently: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/i/7.4?to...oq-qprtjob-job

From the documentation: "QPRTJOB jobs continue to be reused until they have been inactive more than 24 hours. Inactive means all spooled files for the job have been deleted and no new ones have been received for that user in more than 24 hours. The recovery is done by the system job QSPLMAINT."

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Rusch View Post
                    QPRTJOB jobs are handled a little differently: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/i/7.4?to...oq-qprtjob-job

From the documentation: "QPRTJOB jobs continue to be reused until they have been inactive more than 24 hours. Inactive means all spooled files for the job have been deleted and no new ones have been received for that user in more than 24 hours. The recovery is done by the system job QSPLMAINT."
                    The job is gone now. Maybe I just had to be more patient !

Comment

Working...
                    X