Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to do FNDSTRPDM on F16 on a variable positioned by cursor

Hi all,

My req is; if I press F16 while my cursor is on some variable/para name, then it has to do FNDSTRPDM on that variable & it should give me next
    occurance/presence of that variable in the same pgm.

eg. when my cursor is on 600-FATAL-ERROR, then after pressing F16 it has to give me next occurance/presence of 600-FATAL-ERROR.

A+++B+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++
    0875.00 MOVE WSSP-FSUCO TO ITEM-ITEMCOY.
    0876.00 MOVE WSSP-COMPANY TO ITEM-ITEMITEM.
    0877.00 MOVE ITEMREC TO ITEM-FORMAT.
    0878.00 MOVE READR TO ITEM-FUNCTION.
    0879.00 CALL 'ITEMIO' USING ITEM-PARAMS.
    0880.00 IF ITEM-STATUZ NOT = O-K
    0881.00 MOVE ITEM-PARAMS TO SYSR-PARAMS
    0882.00 PERFORM 600-FATAL-ERROR
    0883.00 END-IF.
    0884.00 MOVE ITEM-GENAREA TO T3711-T3711-REC.

In case of CRTCMD, we are giving any user defined command & pgm to process that command; but in this case we are pressing Function key so any idea how to do this??

Re: How to do FNDSTRPDM on F16 on a variable positioned by cursor

What you want to do is clearly *not* related to COBOL. You might receive more feedback by posting in the "Any Thing Goes" section.

As one answer to your question, the use of F16 within SEU requires that the search string be initially entered at the top of the screen, on the command line. To read more about searching, enter FIND and press the help key (F1).

As far as I know, SEU is not capable of searching by the simple cursor positioning that you describe.

I suspect others will direct you to the WDSC or RDI tools for more advanced functionalities...

Terry

Comment

Working...
    X