ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Print the source code which is processed..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print the source code which is processed..

hi,
    I am not successful replicating an issue reported by a remote user even after attempting so many times. Not able to trace his log neither we have the journals (internal probs).
    I need to add some code by which i should be able to trace what exactly he is doing with this code. Actually he bypasses a condition which throws a error message and in whatever way we tried we are not able to replicate. We doubt that he is not using the proper code which was sent recently. i need to have a solid proof for the same. Can any one provide me with a good idea of how i can change and send the code by which i can see what code is getting processed (like how do i direct the processed code to spool file or something..).

i can just change the code but cannot add any objects. Thanks in advance

Re: Print the source code which is processed..

i have to just say .... HUH???

anyway if you can only change the code but can't add/replace objects...then there's no way to do what you're asking. you'd have to either a) change the code and the program object or b) find/write an exit point program and register it with an exit point...since you can't create anything...you're screwed...

unless they'll let you have a job log from his session ( and then you'll still only see the library and program being run not what code is in the program object...)
    I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

hi..i guess the way i had written this was a bit confusing.. i was just saying that i cannot add any other objects (apart from the program object). if i change the code, it means i need to generate the program object for sure...i just need to trace what he is doing, since i cannot get the job log...anyways thanks for your time to reply to my query .....

Comment

Hi SSN:

The only method I can think of is to print messages to the job log:
        Code:
        D Send2JobLog     PR            10I 0 ExtProc('Qp0zLprintf')   
        D  szOutputStg                    *   Value OPTIONS(*STRING) 
         /free 
          send2joblog('Step 1 Updated Loc code in Dept File From Loc file ' +
          %char(count) + ' records updated' +x'25');
        blah blah blah
        The above will send the message "Step 1 Updated Loc code in Dept File From Loc file 00025 records updated" to the job log.

That's a pretty messy solution though.

Best of Luck
        GLS
        The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

What sort of error message does the program throw ?
          CPF, MCH, user define ? This can help you resolve this issue.
          Philippe

Comment

Working...
          X