Time to make a splash!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to make a splash!

Welp! It looks as though I need to get back up-to-speed with the COBOL generation...

Anyone have any initial sites I can visit to get going with this? I found this site and it has some pretty good information to get going. I need some examples of using Embeded SQL with COBOL though. We have some hefty tables that need processing and I'm going to have to institute some guidelines of utilizing SQL with some Blocking Optimization techniques.

Sooooo.... any help would be appreciated!

Re: Time to make a splash!

May the force be with you!
    Michael Catalani
    IS Director, eCommerce & Web Development
    Acceptance Insurance Corporation
    www.AcceptanceInsurance.com
    www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

COBOL --- and do they all eat soup with their hands .??!!!...
      All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
      and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

One of the guys here said he looked at some COBOL once. His exact words were "right those are the comments, now where is the code"?
        Ben

Comment

Check Chapter 3 at this link:

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by FaStOnE
            ... We have some hefty tables that need processing and I'm going to have to institute some guidelines of utilizing SQL with some Blocking Optimization techniques.
            Although COBOL supports embedded SQL, I would suggest using SQL tools like QM Query (STRQMQRY, etc.) inside CL to do as much data manipulation as possible. Use the COBOL only if you have processing that can't be done reasonably well with SQL. You'll find the performance against large data sets much more satisfactory... especially if you optimize by building carefully chosen access paths.

Comment

Working...
            X