Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy collection - Journalling question

Hi

I need to copy collection colA into colB.

colA contains few files which are journalled to colA/QSQJRN , and few files which are not journalled.

I would like to copy colA into colB so that colA files that were journalled to colA/QSQJRN will be journalled in colB to colB/QSQJRN and the files that were not journalled in colA, will not be journalled in colB as well.

thanks for your help !!!!

Re: Copy collection - Journalling question

I found out the QDFTJRN dataarea has some option to override the target journal during restore

https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoc...utostrjrnl.htm

also found this here:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/is...zarmrstfbj.htm

Note that when you use the Restore Library (RSTLIB) command to restore a library that contains the QDFTJRN data area, the objects in the library that were not journaled when saved are not journaled when restored. This situation remains true even if you have the *RSTOVRJRN keyword in the QDFTJRN data area specified for the library.

Still - It does not work for me and I could not figure out how to restore the files with journalling ONLY if they were journalled in the original saved collection...

Any idea would help !!!

thanks
    Last edited by gonen; January 7, 2014, 12:44 PM.

Comment

What did you do?
      SavLib and RstLib?

Birgitta

Comment

hi

yes

I do savlib

send the savf to another machine using ftp

then rstlib

I can add the QDFTJRN before the savlib , i can do create collection, create the QDFTJRN before rstlib and use *NEW option

I just could not figure out what is the right order of commands to run and how should the QDFTJRN datarea look like

many thanks

Comment

Working...
        X