setting option reoptimize access plan in the qaqqini file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting option reoptimize access plan in the qaqqini file

Looking at changing this value as it seem some of our queries are not picking up on their new access plans. Looks like *YES and *FORCE are the same thing but could have some performance implications. *ONLY_REQUIRED looks like a decent plan but I will still need to run *YES or *FORCE for a little while to get some of the older queries updated. Just looking for any experience here.

Re: setting option reoptimize access plan in the qaqqini file

The SQL Queries always take the last/current access plan!
    If an query is run for the first time in a job or in an activation group a full open must be performed, i.e. the access plan is created or validated and if neccessary updated.
    If an ODP is opend (and stays open), reusable ODP, only a pseudo open will be performed, i.e. only the data in the existing ODP are updated.
    After a query is executed, it is again optimized under the cover. If a better access plan can be found the existing access plan is updated
    Also if a query runs and does not return data within 2 seconds it is optimized under the cover again. If a better access plan is found that can return the data faster, query execution might be cancelled and restarted with the new access plan. (AQP - Advanced Query Processing)

The option set in with QAQQINI file is the best one and should not be changed.

Birgitta

Comment

Re: setting option reoptimize access plan in the qaqqini file

I am not a query expert but it was not choosing the right access path, this program was taking 5 hours to run and even after we created the index it still did not use it until we forced it to re-optimize? I guess I am still not seeing how leaving the qaqqini alone is right. After forcing the change, the program takes under a minute.

Comment

Working...
      X