Restoring only Data Files from savefiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring only Data Files from savefiles

So I have a few savefiles that get FTP'd to another system. I do a restore now but I want to only restore the data files. no qddsssrc or display files. I need to restore only things by an attribute. Like Type(*file) Attr(PF-DTA or LF).

Is there anything that can do this? Any tool or a free one? I know I can do it in a CL one at a time looking for the data I want but there has to be a quicker way to do this.

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Ron

Re: Restoring only Data Files from savefiles

Do these have a generic* name that you can wildcard and then only allow types of *FILE. You can use a generic or specific object on the objects to omit parm on the RstObj command.
    Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

Nope.. I wish they did

Comment

Look at the QSRLSAVF API, will allow you to find objects in the save file with extended attributes, then just need to loop through and restore OBJ against those that match the type you need.

Chris...

Comment

ya.. I already thought about that but was more interested in if someone had a quick tool they knew of without doing all this.

Comment

I wrote up the program and tested, it works fine.. We are going to add it to our list of utilities just in case others find it useful. I am now thinking about using the same API to list out the content of the SAVF and allow selected objects to be restored, not what you need but I think it would also be very useful.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Chris...

Comment

CaptainRon.

The Extended attributes stored in the save file are not as defined as you need. I did some additional testing and the Extended Attributes only go so far, eg: LF,PF etc.. Not the PF-SRC or PF-DTA which is specifically what you were looking for. Maybe put in a request to store the full extended attributes to IBM? I requested the ability to display the IFS content of a save file, never know if IBM will build it in but have to try.

Chris...

Comment

I don't suppose you have a naming standard that would be of help - you can use the OMITOBJ to omit Q* (anything starting with Q) and anything that matches a similar pattern. If your display files start with V for example - Omit V* objects.

Comment

Working...
                X