DB2 version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DB2 version

I have a really strange question, and a really stupid question, but i have to ask it. I've never heard of it, but to pacify some folks I have to ask...

Is there an actual "version number" of DB2? Or is it just the OS version? DB2 (v5r2) is what i'm guessing..but is there anywhere that it is specified? thanks a lot for your time!

-Robert

Re: DB2 version

There are versions and they are not releated to the release of OS...
    the best place to gather knowledge on this subject would be here:

a history of sorts (db2 for windows)

jamie
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Hi,

there are several different DB2 UDBs:
      1. DB2 UDB for LUW (Linux, Unix, Windows) - For these DB2s exist Versions
      2. DB2 UDB for z/Series
      3. DB2 UDB for iSeries / System i

Because on the iSeries/System i the database is integrated in the operating system (contrary to the other DB2s) and it is not possible to extract the database from the operating system nor install an other version of the database, the versioning on System i depends soley on the Release.

Birgitta

Comment

You can get PTF's that will upgrade portions of your DB. If you are still running V5R2, you can apply a PTF that will upgrade the SQL Query engine to the V5R3 version. (Can't seem to find the PTF #).
        iSeriesCOBOL
        www.iseries-cobol.com

Comment

Just to clarify, the PTF for V5R2 that allows more SQL to go through the new SQL query engine is SI07650. That V5R2 ptf allows joins, Anded predicates and SMP SQL to possibly go throug the new SQL query engine. It does not give you the v5r3 version of DB2 for i5/OS.

Comment

Working...
          X