Multi Format Logical files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi Format Logical files

How Can I retrieve reocrds from three physical files using multi format logical file. Can any one help me with this?

Re: Multi Format Logical files

just use the include keyword and record format name of that specifix record format,, which u wnt to use in f specs

Comment

ewww....just use the 3 PFs and use CHAIN, SETLL, READE. multi-format LFs suck...
      I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

I want to retrieve fields from more than one physical files. e.g. If I have 3 pf's.PF1, PF2,PF3. with a commen field in them. I want fields from Pf1 & pf2. Is there any other option than building a query object.

Comment

Try something like this..

Code:
                          R PFMT#1                    PFILE(PFILE1)                     
                          K P1KEYFLD                                                    
                          R PFMT#2                    PFILE(PFILE2)                     
                          K P2KEYFLD                                                    
                          R PFMT#3                    PFILE(PFILE3)                     
                          K P3KEYFLD
          As long as all the key fields are the same type and size you shouldn't have a problem.

Comment

Working...
          X