Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alarm keyword not working

hi,

can any one please tell me how to use ALARM keyword in display files, I tried but its not working

DISPLAY FILE
    Code:
         A                                      DSPSIZ(24 80 *DS3)                  
         A          R RSOUND                                                        
         A*%%TS  SD  20120307  040709  SHAQPGRMA   REL-V5R4M0  5722-WDS             
         A                                      ALARM                               
         A                                  4  4'Can you listen sound when record l-
         A                                      oaded...!!!'
    RPGLE PROGRAM
    Code:
    fsound     cf   e             workstn                                 
    c                   exfmt     rsound                                  
    c                   setOn                                        lr

Re: alarm keyword not working

Hi Kishor:

This thread might help:

Best of Luck
    GLS
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

thanks GLS,

but that is diffrent way to produce sound,
      I actually wanted to work with ALARM keyword defind in Display files.. can I make sound with that keyword

thanks again

Comment

I know this is not ALARM but I think you may need an indicator on your alarm.

MSGALARM (Message Alarm) keyword for display files
        Use this file- or record-level keyword to specify that the system is to sound the audible alarm
        when this record is displayed with an active ERRMSG, ERRMSGID, SFLMSG, or SFLMSGID keyword,
        or when a validity checking error is detected. The alarm is of short duration.

This keyword has no parameters.

If you specify the MSGALARM and ALARM keywords on the same record format and both are active,
        the alarm sounds only once.

Option indicators are valid with this keyword.

Example 1:

The following example shows how to specify the MSGALARM keyword at record level.

Code:
        |...+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....+....7....+....8
        00010A          R RCD1
        00020A                                      MSGALARM
        00030A            FLD01          8A    12 10
        00040A  12                                  ERRMSGID(XYZ0123 MSGFILE)
             A

When record format RCD1 is on the display and RCD1 is put to the display again and
        indicator 12 is on, the message XYZ0123 from message file MSGFILE is displayed on the
        message line and the workstation alarm sounds.

Example 2:

The following example shows how to specify the MSGALARM keyword at file level.

Code:
        |...+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....+....7....+....8
        00010A  01                                  MSGALARM
        00020A          R RCD1
        00030A            FLD01          8A    12 10
        00040A  12                                  ERRMSGID(XYZ0123 MSGFILE)
        00050A
        00060A          R RCD2
        00070A            FLD02          8A    12 10
        00080A  10                                  ERRMSG('Message text')
             A

When record format RCD1 is on the display and RCD1 is put to the display again and
        indicators 01 and 12 are on, the message XYZ0123 from message file MSGFILE is displayed
        on the message line, and the workstation alarm sounds.

When record format RCD2 is on the display and RCD2 is put to the display again and
        indicator 10 is on (but 01 is off), the message text is displayed on the message line
        and the alarm does NOT sound.
        All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
        and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Jamie wrote: "I know this is not ALARM but I think you may need an indicator on your alarm."

FWIW, I've found that ALARM works predictably when conditioned with an indicator. (I turn it *ON for some errors.) But when there is no conditioning indicator, it seems that it usually -- but not always -- sounds.

I'm still on Windows XP (and loving it), and the alarm sounds using Client Access 6.0 (2009) and BosaNova 7.12 (2007?). Perhaps GLS's link might be more relevant that you originally thought, as it may be a PC issue rather than a DDS/RPG issue.

HTH,
          Jerry

Comment

Working...
          X