This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window display / PSHBTNFLD

I working on a project that is multiple search fields vertically on the left and a subfile displayed in a vertically on the right.

I can get the information to work perfectly if both are created in separate windows with a separate header and footer. With the WDWBORDER((*CHAR ' ')) it even looks like one screen. I can toggle between the two screens so that data can be selected from the subfile.

I really want to use PSHBTNFLD as well and I cannot get that to work with the two windows. I think that is because the buttons are in the footer and it is not active? I am using *NORSTCSR so that no matter where the cursor is function keys work. Is there a way that I can make PSHBTNFLD work no matter where the cursor is or which screen is active? Do I have to return cursor location to compare if the cursor is outside of a window so that I make the buttons active or recognize location and pretend the button was pushed?

Please help my head hurts...

Re: Window display / PSHBTNFLD

can you screen shot this for us to view?
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Here is my mess... This is just the plain old function keys. When I change the dds to make them buttons, they show as buttons but seems as if they are only available for use before either window is placed on top. This is never since the footer is written and then a window is executed immediately after. The function keys still work when the keyboard is used.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is the screen with the window boarders.
        Attached Files

Comment

Are you using client access as an emulator?

www.code400.com

Comment

I am using client access.

Comment

this may be lame, but what if you just did this
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Noname.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	126672

otherwise you will have to determine which record format is active and have it put out the function keys.
              Which may not be possible as one or more of them are a window.

www.code400.com

Comment

Not lame whatsoever! I need to recode for the help option and make sure all users have it enabled. (oh and read the client access manual) But other than that it is so easy it blows my mind. It works with both windows no matter which is active! Thanks for your help. I have a great tool going forward.

Comment

Working...
                X