ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems displaying windows on top of windows & other screens (border disappears etc)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems displaying windows on top of windows & other screens (border disappears etc)

I am having problems displaying windows on top of screens and other windows. I have a screen (OFFMNT) that allows the user to change an address which bring up a window ($ADDMNT). Those two seem to display OK. Then from $ADDMNT another screen program (M1INTRPT) is called that checks the validity of the address and displays if there are any discrepancies. If the user opts to override the address in M1INTRPT another window (TXTDSP) is displayed to alert them of the dangers of overriding the address. Now when the user exits the TXTDSP window the control goes back to the $ADDMNT window. The problem is that the border on $ADDMNT is now missing and the M1INYRPT and TXTDSP still display in the background. I've tried several combinations of ASSUME, KEEP, USRRSTDSP. I've attached a screen shot of what it all looks like coming out of TXTDSP.
    Attached Files

Re: Problems displaying windows on top of windows & other screens (border disappears

Try changing the first display file to restore the display - CHGDSPF FILE(OFFMNT) RSTDSP(*YES)

Comment

Re: Problems displaying windows on top of windows & other screens (border disappears

Nope...that didn't work either.

Comment

Also take out any ASSUME, KEEP, USRRSTDSP keywords on the first display file (remember to still add the RSTDSP(*YES) keyword when compiling - the default is *NO). If that doesn't work, then I'm out of ideas without seeing the code.

Comment

Brian, Thanks so much for your ideas. Taking out ASSUME, KEEP and USRRSTDSP from OFFMNT did not work either. I was able to cheat through it this morning by writing a clear screen before writing the $ADDMNT window. It isn't the most elegant solution but it worked!!

Comment

Working...
          X