Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use ERRMSG and MSGSFL in one display file

Hi,

I need to modify a display file and need to add some new error messages. all error messages are defined here with ERRMSG keyword.

all the indicators are already used to define error messages, so I thought to add msg subfile for new messages.

but now after adding msg subfile, old error msgs are not getting displayed(those are defined with ERRMSG)

m not sure whether we can use both ERRMSG and msg sfl together or not

could someone please guide..

thanks.

Re: Use ERRMSG and MSGSFL in one display file

Originally posted by kishor
    I'm not sure whether we can use both ERRMSG and msg sfl together or not
    I've never tried it, but I doubt it can be done.

Comment

I'm not certain, but IIRC I had trouble adding an error message subfile to an existing program which used ERRMSG, so I replaced all the ERRMSG messages with message subfile messages. It may have been just my own quirk for consistency, but I THINK it was necessary because the two types of messages would not peacefully coexist.

Comment

I don't recall trying to use both together. How does the value for your message subfile SFLMSGRCD() keyword compare to the MSGLOC() keyword for the file? Do the two overlap lines?
        Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Working...
        X