Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forcing a enter from EXFMT

Hello,

I am performing a EXFMT to a display screen from an RPG program. The screen is a submission message to the user i.e.
    "Thank you for your submission; it will be forward to the proper department for processing"
    Program sends email.

How do I force a enter so the user won't need to press <ENTER> to leave display screen.

The EXFMT does a combination of WRITE and READ but I need to just display the screen.

Thanks,

DAC

Re: Forcing a enter from EXFMT

I tried a write and read but it is essentially the same thing as a EXFMT. I need to force an <ENTER> after the read.

Comment

Are you trying to display a screen for a period of time then have it disappear, without the user doing any action?

Comment

Originally posted by DAG0000 View Post
        Are you trying to display a screen for a period of time then have it disappear, without the user doing any action?
        Yes,

Thank you for your submission; it will be emailed to the proper department for processing.

Comment

Hi dcutaia:

I'm sure there are other methods but this may help:

Pay particular attention to post 19
          Instead of re-loading the subfile you will want to seton lr and exit the program

Best of Luck
          GLS
          The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Add the FRCDTA keyword to the display format. Write the display format then just do a DLYJOB for however long you need it to wait.

Comment

Working...
            X