ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RMVWDW - some other way to accomplish this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMVWDW - some other way to accomplish this?

It turns out that RMVWDW is incompatible with the use of ERRMSGID in a window. The error doesn't show up in the window, if RMVWDW is specified for that window. (Taking out RMVWDW caused the errors to reappear).

That's fine -- but I really needed RMVWDW. I have a window, that (under certain conditions) displays another sub-window. When I return to the original window, large sections of the sub-window are still visible, confusing the display.

Does anyone know another way (other than RMVWDW) to clean up the display?

Re: RMVWDW - some other way to accomplish this?

Is the sub window in the same display file as the first window or in a different display file? If it's in a different display file, then try compiling the first window display file (not the sub window) with RSTDSP(*YES).

Comment

The sub window is in a different display file -- but this didn't work. Partially, I suspect, because there is no keyword RSTDSP -- I think you meant USRRSTDSP, which *prevents* clearing.

I'm experimenting now with WRITEing a completely blank window, with exactly the same dimensions as the one that's in the way. But if anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears.

Comment

Sorry I didn't see your reply until now. Also sorry that I wasn't more clear. The RSTDSP(*YES) that I mentioned is a parameter on the display file create command (CRTDSPF), not a keyword. If the display file is already created, then you could also use the CHGDSPF command: CHGDSPF FILE(displayfile) RSTDSP(*YES).

Comment

Working...
        X