ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Printing UTF-16 characters to a printer file.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing UTF-16 characters to a printer file.

We have 3rd party software, Bottomline Technologies Transform, that handles printing zebra labels. We have a new requirement to print Cyrillic, Hebrew characters on our labels. The data to be printed is stored in a PF with UTF-16 (CCSID 1200) encoded fields. This unicode data needs to get to the 3rd party software. We first print this data to a spool file and a background job handles sending it to Transform. I'm trying various ways to keep the unicode formatting thoughout this process. One way is to use the DEVTYPE *LINE for the printer file and write the data to a graphic type field with the options 'CCSID(1200 *NOCONVERT) '. The IBM manual specifies 'If *NOCONVERT is active and the file DEVTYPE is *AFPDS and the file DEVTYPE is *LINE or *AFPDSLINE, specify the AFP Unicode migration font character set and code page in the page definition for the printer file.'. This is where I'm stuck. What is the 'AFP Unicode migration font character set and code page' and how do I specify them in the page definition?
Working...
X