DDS FONT number/name cross-reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDS FONT number/name cross-reference

I'm working on a V5R3 machine and need to find a comprehensive cross-reference listing of the standard supported DDS font numbers and corresponding font names. Note: AFP and InfoPrint fonts are not loaded. In other words, how can I find the names and numbers which can be specified in DDS?

Thanks any and everyone.

Re: DDS FONT number/name cross-reference

try this tool

also open this zipfile

jamie
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Thanks for your reply, jamie. The PRTFNTC utility doesn't seem to work on a V5R3 machine of our vintage (AS400e). I viewed the zipped font file but don't understand how a particular font can be associated with the corresponding compatibility fonts supported by the V5R3 base O/S.

Comment

take a look at this PDF.. the second PDS has the fontset buried deep inside look around page 48 for FGID

here is example of using fonts

printfile
        Code:
        CREATE COMMAND: CRTPRTF FILE(mylib/AFPDEMOP1)             
                                SRCFILE(mylib/QDDSSRC)            
                                DEVTYPE(*AFPDS)                   

FONT - GOUDY OLD STYLE (FONT(4919))                       
        FONT TYPE: CENTURY SCHOOLBOOK (16951)                     
        GOTHIC 15 (FONT(222))             

A            P1WILLCALL    17A  O     2                                     
        A                                      SPACEB(001)                          
        A                                     2                                     
        A                                      DATE(*SYS)                           
        A                                      EDTWRD('0  /  /  ')                  
        A                                      SKIPB(003)                           
        A                                    +4                                     
        A                                      TIME                                 
        A                                      EDTWRD('0  :  :  ')                  
        A            DACONM        30A  O    47                                     
        A                                      FONT(16951 (*POINTSIZE 12))          
        A                                      HIGHLIGHT                            
        A                                   108                                     
        A                                      'PAGE:'                              
        A                                   114                                     
        A                                      PAGNBR                               
        A                                      EDTCDE(Z)                            
        A            P1HDG         32A  O    50                                     
        A                                      FONT(16951 (*POINTSIZE 10))          
        A                                      SPACEB(001)                          

...blah blah blah
        Attached Files

www.code400.com

Comment

Apparently I'm not articulating my question properly, so thanks for your patience and your attempts to assist. I'm familiar with creating printer files, specifying fonts, point sizes, bar codes, boxes, rotation, etc. What I don't know is where I can find a comprehensive table which associates a DDS font number (FONT) with it's name, e.g., 2304 = Helvetica Roman Medium, or, 2305 = Helvetica Roman Bold, etc.

Comment

Hi prime8:

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but give it a try:

On a command line:

DSPFNTTBL FNTTBL(*SYSPHFCS)

(There are other options other than *sysphfcs)

Go to the following link:

In the contents section (on the left) click on font information.

The printer font id from the dspfnttbl corresponds to the font global identifier from the link.'

Hope that helps
            GLS
            The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

try the second pdf... fontsets.pdf on page 51 towards the middle of the page
              in the chart. you will see Helvetica Symbols then under heading FGID you will see the codes you are looking for bold 2305 and regular 2304...all the fonts are listed in this chart.

jamie

www.code400.com

Comment

nice: DSPFNTTBL FNTTBL(*SYSPHFCS)
                Attached Files

www.code400.com

Comment

GLS400 - have a cigar. The table in the IBM doc at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ostres2prt.htm is exactly what I was seeking.

Thanks to both of you for sharing your experience and for your assistance navigating this far-too-matrix-like-labyrinth-of-somewhat-disconnected...stuff.

Remember the future...

Comment

Working...
                  X